Tuesday, March 01, 2005

the rrazor's edge

Haven't updated in a while. Really I've lost the last coupla days to WoW. I know I'm a loser, give me a break. I've been trying to push through and get my warlock up to level 60, which is the current level cap. So nyah.

I did watch the Oscars, in spite of only having seen one of the main films nominated. Basically there weren't any surprises. I do want to see Million Dollar Baby now tho. As for the streamlined broadcast, I have mixed feelings. They took out the Oscar clips, which are some of my favorite moments. I like to have an idea of why the actors and films were nominated in the first place.

With those gone my current favorite part of the Oscars is the memorial part of the people who died over the year. I know it's kinda morbid, but it provides a nice sense of history. I thought they cut that too short too, this year. If they are so obsessed about keeping the program time down, get rid of the stupid song performances. Noone cares about those. Usually the songs nominated are lame and we don't care.

Trip is having surgery today and I'm hoping all is well with him. He's supposed to call me when he's regained consciousness, so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

except for Counting Crows performance of Accidently in Love....of course

eric said...

hmm an anonymous comment. Wonder who would ever leave a remark about Counting Crows...