Thursday, March 24, 2005

We apologize for any inconvienience

Well it's that time of year when my allergies make it possible for strange liquids fly from my head at any given moment. It's a fun time.

Besides being under the weather, I thought I might post about a few things I've done recently that I haven't blogged about for one reason or another. Last Sunday, Corb, Trip and I went to see Be Cool, mostly for the star power contained within. I didn't see Get Shorty, but Travolta, Uma, Harvey Keitel, Andre 3000, etc make me take notice. It wasn't a great movie, but was entertaining. My main critique was that it was a little too aware of it's own virtue. Still I'd say +1 chainmail, with a Filet Mignon rating for all things Uma contained within. Mmm Uma.

Went to hang with Trip on Monday and we played more Starcraft. He dispatched a virulent horde of Zerg that applied a brutal beating to my Protoss legions. I thought I had him right where I wanted him, right up until his troops started overtaking my territory. Now I know how Rommel felt. Tuesday we hung out for a bit again, but I was feeling poorly both psychologically and physically so I called it an early night.

Since then I've been keeping a low profile because of my allergies and the fact that WoW released a new content patch that I've been fiddling with. Lots of fun stuff, when the game decides to work. There is a lot of hoopla about Blizzard's inability to stabilize their servers and whatnot and I'm starting to get frustrated. I try to be good natured about it, because I understand this type of game is an epic undertaking, but it's been several months since launch. I am paying to play each month, give me a break. Everytime there is a patch or maintenance on the servers or anything I get locked out of the game for quite a while. It's frustrating.

No comments: