Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Where do you go when what you're running from is yourself?

Things I've been listening to a lot lately: Modest Mouse, a perfect circle (eMOTIVe), Wu Tang Clan (Enter the Wu Tang), The Velvet Underground and Nico, Wilco, MC5, ...and you will know us by the trail of dead and Big Black

Another day passes and the world remains unchanged. I went to visit Trip, who was in fair humor considering his recent infirmary... not sure infirmary is the right word, but whatever. It's my blog and I'll do what I want.

We watched the final episode of Deadwood and it was high quality. I honestly couldn't like the character of Al Swearingen more. I know he's not really a nice guy, but he does live by a certain code. He's complex and I like complex characters, being one of them. I'm fucking eager for the cocksuckers at HBO to get on with the second season.

We also watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, which is awesome. I'd say it's the Citizen Kane of asian-american weed movies. It's a weed movie with a soul. It addresses the bias an indian and korean stoner deal with in the real world without being heavy handed or characaturing the characters involved. It's filet mignon with upward mobility. (It'd be even better...on weed.)

No comments: