Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Viva El Presidente!

Now listening to: an old mix I made for a drive to Roanoke

So I'm making an effort to not give in to despair. Every time I get in a decent mood and stop thinking about my problems, some harbinger comes along and puts me in my place. Nonetheless I am trying to keep occupied instead of just focusing on the negative.

Last night I got sick of WoW (just for a minute) and decided to finish reading The Ha-Ha. That book is well written and emotionally draining. After finishing I was thinking about it and then my thoughts drifted to all the crap in my life now. I spent the rest of the evening in an incredibly dark and depressed mood. I ended up just going to bed to put it out of my mind, cause that kind of black mood is not good for my mental stability. Not at all.

On to brighter subjects, I corralled Trip and got to see the first episode of the new season of Deadwood. It continues to be riveting. I did feel a little confused by the fact that the plot skips forward a few months it seems. Still it's good stuff, cocksucker.

I also watched The Contender, which was pretty good, even for reality tv. I'm kind of fascincated by boxing anyway. I mean boxers are essentially people paid to get hit in the head. It's an odd line of work. But I have high hopes for that show.

I wrapped up the evening by playing Sim City 4, which is compelling despite being about civil engineering. Anyway El Presidente is ruling Penguingrad with an iron fist, yet the public still loves him.

No comments: