Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Scratch a lie, find a thief

Now watching: Futurama

So I watched Ray yesterday and it was pretty good. It was pretty much exactly what I expected. I understand why Jamie Foxx won the Oscar, it was an exceptional performance, but I still think Giamatti was better. His role was a bit more subtle, in my opinion. I'd say Ray was pretty much typical of that sort of celebratory biopic film, +1 chainmail.

I also watched Battle Royale, a japanese film based on the book I read several months ago (feel free to browse the archives to find my take on that... or don't). I think the book was better. The movie was ok, nothing special. +1 chainmail teetering on the brink of Meh. Basically it was lots of Japanese school girls (and boys, but you know the girls were the focus) killing one another in a government sponsored game.

It snowed today and man was it beautiful. Nothing really stuck, but it was nice to look at... yes I could see it from the window when I looked over my monitor.

No comments: