Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Big win and potential despair

Well the Steelers managed to fight their way through and win a close game against another good team. The problem is that Ben Roethlisberger got injured in the process. That could be the season, more or less. Well, we'd still probably be near getting a playoff spot, but it makes things a whole lot harder. You can't run on every down and still come away with wins against the NFL elite. i gotta tell you my heart was in my throat when I saw that helmet hit his knee. Serious trama (for me... and maybe him).

But as far as the game went, the Steelers played really well. We got some raw calls man. That fair catch rule is total horseshit. Jerome Bettis is back and he looked sharp. Man, I love him. The way he runs is what's best about football in my mind. Well that and the way the defense hits, especially Polamalu ...and Casey Hampton, you gotta love the nose tackle. Hell I could go on all night.

No comments: