Friday, October 07, 2005

You knew what you were getting into

Just finished watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and it was pretty good. I really liked Mos Def. He's awesome. He really got the quirky unworried demeanor of Ford Prefect down. Sam Rockwell was also very good. It really managed to keep the flavor of the books without being slavishy devoted to keeping every detail. I'd give it a foot massage.

I've been really low energy the last few days, pretty much staying in and playing WoW. I've also done some reading. I finished the sequel to Eragon, Eldest. It was pretty good and I may have liked it more than the original. That tends to be the case with fantasy writing, as the first book sets up the frame and the following books get all the action and whatnot.

I started rereading Palahniuk's Lullaby and that's entertaining. I got Jarhead from the library, because I saw an ad for the movie and Trip mentioned that the book was supposed to be good. So we'll see.

I gotta bunch of stuff I need to do tomorrow and I'm hoping I can drag my lame ass outta bed at a decent hour to do them. I need to get my car inspected (it's a week late already). I need some new razors (I need to shave and know that my old razor is not gonna make that a pleasant event.) I'll probably also throw in a trip to the library and try to find some other new books.

No comments: