Saturday, October 01, 2005

You can't take the sky from me

Now listening to:KMFDM

So Trip and I went to see Serenity tonight and it was excellent. I was very pleased with the movie, although there were some events in the film that sucked, simply cause I love the characters. But I won't get into it in case someone wants to see it. I won't be the spoiler king. Needless to say, if you haven't seen it, then you should and if you have then you should watch the Firefly TV series DVDs.

After the movie we watched Threshold, which I'm still loving. I like the whole Extinction Level Event concept for fiction. (Not too fond of the idea in a real life scenario.) But yeah, the show continues to be very cool in concept and I like the characters on the show. I'm anticipating it getting cancelled at any moment.

I finished reading this book Eragon that this kid wrote when he was 19 years old. I'm both impressed and annoyed with that. People who have their shit together at that age need a beating for making the rest of us schleps feel like losers. Anyway, it probably help that his parents had a publishing house. Still it's a pretty good read and I've got the next in the series on hold at the library. I need to get to writing since I'm not doing anything else useful, but I have a hard time focusing.

No comments: