Monday, October 10, 2005

Fuckery most foul

Well I seem to have recovered from whatever was plaguing me yesterday. I felt shitty all day. This was probably aided by the fact that I stayed up all night reading Jarhead, which was pretty good (foot massage). I wanted to finish it and did, around 9 a.m. I intended to sleep til around 2p.m. and then watch football. What happened was that I slept til 11a.m. and then woke up and felt shitty for the rest of the day. I ended up nodding off at some point and missed the second half of the Pats-Falcons game, but no big deal.

Something odd happened, I ended up flipping back and forth between football and the Astros-Braves baseball game. Normally I loathe baseball, but 18 innings adds some drama. I was also glad the Stros won, because fuck the Braves.

Honestly I none of the football games enthralled me yesterday and I kinda lost interest. This feeling was only helped by the fact that my fantasy players were playing completely shitty. I have 32 points with only two players left, Hines Ward and Ben Roethlisberger. Here's hoping for a 4 TD game for that duo. Even if that happens I'm still probably gonna lose, it's that bad.

On Saturday, Trip and I went to Danville for some shrimp love. I decided to buy last year's version of EA's college football game. It was $6 and I'll end up playing it a bit, I'm betting. For some reason I always enjoy those more than Madden. I enjoy recruiting players in the dynasty mode more than Madden's franchise mode.

No comments: