Wednesday, January 10, 2007

By Odin's beard

Slack day, woo. Slept in, then futzed around on my comp. for a while. Had some tasty nachos. Then I rolled over to Trip's and ran him at some of his own games. Ok, I'll conceed he nabbed me at Tony Hawk Project 8, but I schooled him at hockey and closed the night by taking Jake LaMotta and pounding him in Fight Night. You just don't mess with the Bronx Bull. It's not done.

Last night, I watched Ichi the Killer, which was interesting. It's based on a manga and is loaded with bizarre S&M concepts. Nobody does S&M like the Japanese. (Trip pointed out that maybe the Germans do, but anyone not in the Axis can't compete.) Lots of torture and gore. I'd say it's +1 chainmail, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Currently listening to this album by Scott Walker, which is unusual. I don't know that I'd recommend it. His voice is overly theatrical and it doesn't really play for me. It's supposed to be kind sad, but that silly over doing it seems to strip out a lot of emotion.

No comments: