Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fucksocks! World's gone sideways

So an odd thing happened to me the other day. I was on my way to work and pulled up behind this minivan with a "Life is Good" sticker on its window. Normally this would cause me to mentally vomit and have a nice little internal rant about minivan owners and people in general. What happened this time was that I stopped and thought about it and decided that my life is going pretty good at the moment.

It was the oddest thing. I've had brief periods where I was happy for a while, but I seldom, if ever, realize it until it's over and I'm looking back. Now I can kinda sit back and enjoy it. Of course, what I'll probably actually end up doing is waiting for a cosmic kick to the balls to bring everything back to normal. (What can I say, you can't throw out 30 years of pessimism overnight because of a little good fortune.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cowboy name is Ropey Strands.