Thursday, January 11, 2007

My mind is like an orchard

Just watched The Chumscrubber and it was kind of intense. A tale about the shallow nature and self-absorption of suburban America. Basically it was about people deluding themselves about what's important and denying their basic feelings. Denying them by hyperfocusing on other things or just through drugs and alcohol. Then through that derangement of the senses they lose touch with any sort of real human contact.

The search for that type of connection is what I was trying to convey with my recent post about music, that may have failed in it's goal. Actually I'm 100% certain that I've written that type of post before, but I feel it bears repeating. Hell isn't that what art is supposed to do, encapsulate human emotion from the artist and try to convey it to his audience, whoever they may be.

Anyway, I'd say The Chumscrubber deserves a foot massage. It definitely does it's job of conveying the apathy and dread of the protaganist and the self-importance of the people around him.

No comments: