Monday, October 09, 2006

Battle of the network space krakens

Just as country music scars the landscape of musical variety, so too was my day scarred by the loss of the Pittsburgh Steelers. All had been going well: The Surly Caribou had supplied ample points and, while the jury is still out, it seems as though victory is at hand, T.O. had a relatively lackluster day and lost and I had lounged on my couch thoroughly. So it was quite a shock to find my perfect day suddenly significantly less perfect. Roethlisberger showed signs of improvement early, but feel struggled late. Maybe next week.

Hmmm, let's see what else is new? I'm watching far too much tv (imagine that, someone who works at a tv station watching tv). Some of the stuff that's pretty awesome according to me:
  • Heroes, kinda Xmany, but with a nice flavor. Hell I'm a sucker for mutants, Marvel or otherwise, the fact that I hang out with Trip proves it.
  • My Name is Earl, still super awesome.
  • The Office can't be denied.
  • Studio 60 is really, really good too. I wish it didn't conflict with MNF.
  • Venture Bros. is still maybe the best thing ever. Lots of other adult swim stuff could also go here. Robot Chicken, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law.
  • Scrubs, reruns everywhere... well on Comedy Central and my Fox affiliate. It rules.
  • The Biggest Loser makes me want to get off my fat ass and do something. If only I had time for it now, maybe once I drop under 50 hours a week.
I suppose that's all I can think of now. I tried to watch Friday Night Lights, but I've seen that type of thing too many times. Read the book, saw the movie, watched Varsity Blues and I'm over it. I think I'm gonna go watch the Xmen 3 now. Gotta get my nerd on!
I'm sure I forgot some

No comments: