Monday, October 16, 2006

Street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm

Well I gave homage to the Lord today in the matter usually proscribed... I watched football all day long and ate way too much. The Lord in this case is, of course, the NFL. It was a good day for me, the Surly Caribou won and I still have the Bears' D and Bernard Berrian left to play. Also the Steelers brought the hammer against the Chiefs and showed that they aren't done yet. It was fun to watch, although Pittsburgh fumbled the ball too much. Things like that will lose close games and you gotta cut em out.

Did anyone see the footage of that footbrawl that Miami put on Saturday. Hot damn! That's fun to watch. Anytime you see a player using his helmet as a club, you know it's good. It's even better if he rips off another guys helmet and bashes him with it, that'd be awesome.

I finally finished The Adventures of Kavalier and Klay by Michael Chabon. Good stuff, small surprise this guy won a Pulitzer. Not sure what I'm gonna read next, I got a book that's supposed to have some horror themes, just in time for Halloween called The Town that Forgot to Breathe. I may have to look for something a little less cerebral tho and find some old school zombie, vampire, Frankensteiny action.

No comments: