Saturday, November 25, 2006

Egg, larva, pupa, adult

Recently I've been internally debating whether or not people can really change. I mean sure, you can do things a little differently, but don't most end up being the same person no matter what? It's like a stream of water, you can divert it to go somewhere else, but left untended it will go back to it's natural path of least resistance. I'm not really certain if people work the same way or not.

The impetus for this question is, of course, the fact that I have several things I'd like to change about myself. These changes seem to be very difficult, but all revolve around my own personal tendency to take the aforementioned path of least resistance. This leads me to accept a lot of mediocrity in my life. Of course, the one area where I absolutely refuse to have mediocrity I am an abject failure. So I'm not sure that changing would definitely make for an improvement.

At any rate, I've got a lot of thinking to do and perhaps some new things to try. I'll think about it later. Now I just need some Pepto and my pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got something "new" for you to try. He he he he

AJ