Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Known racist and Virginia senator... maybe not

So I exercised my franchise today. As cynical as I am I do try to take advantage of the advantages a democracy brings. Too bad I'm surrounded by absurdly conservative people who base their lives on a book written 2000 years ago and translated more times than you would believe. But yeah, I figure that if you don't vote you shouldn't complain. So I vote... and complain. The circle is complete.

I'm listening to the new Badly Drawn Boy album, which is pretty good. I think this is an album several of my more middle of the road readers would like. It's got a nice mellow rocky vibe, but with depth. It's not my usual brutal metal or anarchistic punk, more mainstream.

Edit:Looks like I was lamenting an Allen win too early and Webb may have pulled it out. Maybe Virginia is less dumb than I thought. But just barely.

No comments: