Thursday, November 30, 2006

From off to on

Now listening to: The Knife

Well I've been monkeying with my design here again. I tried several different things and they all looked crappy. I decided to settle on this for the time being, because it's not bad. I'm not really sold on it all the way, but it will have to do for the moment.

I watched Art School Confidential and 21 Grams last night. ASC was less funny than I'd hoped. I'd rate it a Meh. at best. That's being fairly lenient I think. 21 Grams was powerful, but kind of a downer. What was the last movie Sean Penn was in that wasn't a total downer. He's always great, but it's usually depressing. Also I'm not sure if I liked to convoluted way it was shot. When I say I'm not sure, I mean I'm really torn about it. On one hand it kept you involved because it kept dropping in odd moments that made more sense down the road. On the other hand, it seemed an unnecessarily complex way of telling a story. I'd still give it a +1 chainmail rating overall cause the acting was phenomenal.

Tonight I watched the Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, which was really good. Honestly, I would have never watched this movie without Kevin basically forcing it on me. Tommy Lee Jones just doesn't usually draw me in, I start thinking Men in Black and get disinterested. But this is a really good story. I'm saying +1 chainmail for this too, definitely worth the time.

Down to three days before my vacation. I'm counting em down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny posting on the "breaks" site. clever indeed...

AJW

NickVNC said...

Three burials is one of my favorite movies...really great flick.