Thursday, November 23, 2006

Let's give thanks for imperialism and genocide

Now listening to: The Dresden Dolls

Thanksgiving. Where the pilgrims were helped through a tough winter by Native Americans. The same Native Americans that they drove off their land and exterminated using small pox blankets. They had to do that so they could instill absurd puritanical sexual beliefs to scar America for centuries to come. I'll get off my intensely liberal soapbox now and let you enjoy your charred flightless foul.

So yeah, things I'm thankful for... Well I have a job. This time last year I was pretty far up Shit Creek and lacking a means of conveyance. Now I have a lot of that sorted out. I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but I've made definite headway. Lots of that is attributable to my friends, to whom I am eternally thankful (I don't know if whom is right used there, I never learned that rule since it seems so extraneous.)

I'm pretty thankful for my Mom too, cause she keeps me up and running even if it's a huge pain in the ass for her. Can't imagine what my life would be like without her there, I wouldn't have accomplished even the small things I've done up til now.

Anyway I could probably be thankful for days, but I ain't gonna do it. Don't you people know the real spirit if this season is going to the mall and buying loads of shit you don't really need? Maybe getting into a fistfight over the new super vibrating Elmo game with all the bells and whistles.

No comments: