Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Take you to brown town

Now listening to: Neutral Milk Hotel

So it was cold, windy, rainy and generally nasty today. I swear, driving to Trip's this evening it was darker as dusk than it usually is when I drive home from work at 2 a.m. I actually love this weather, the bleakness sings to my soul, if I have such a thing. But lets not debate the possibilities of immutable individuality contained within human beings.

I got to sleep in, which was nice. For me this means that my daylight time is significantly limited, but it's good to catch up on my sleep. Contrary to popular belief I don't usually get 8 hours a night. I then hung with Trip for a bit and we watched Slither, which was better than I thought it'd be. I'd say +1 chainmail. Some cool little joke things and decent gore. It had a nice concept and a sense of humor.

After that I tossed Trip a beating in hockey in retribution for his actions yesterday. Fear my mighty Penguins, for they are legion! Speaking of penguins, I read a disturbing thing today that mentioned that some penguins are moving toward extinction because of global warming. If ever there was a reason to halt global warming, it's this. (Well this and the continued existence of our species and life as we know it.)

After returning home I watched L4yer Cake, which is a cool British gangster movie, with some caper elements. Worth the time (foot massage). What is it about British gangsters that is so compelling to me.

Sadly I return to work tomorrow, so much for the holiday. Ahh well, I needs to get paid. I'm still trying to control my consumerist tendencies, but it gets harder as my nerd-desires go longer without being quenched. For example, you can get a 30-gig iPod for $250 now and I want one bad. But I must resist. Also I want an Xbox 360 and with the potential sale at Amazon on Thurs. I may procure one despite my better instincts.

No comments: