Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Drink Deep

Now listening to: Rites of Spring followed by Teenage Fanclub

I'm feelign kind of down. My uncle Bob is dying of cancer and likely to go this week. Sucks. The males in the Cardwell line are notoriously bad at dealing with the death of those close to them and I'm no exception. We have a tendency to avoid contact with the ill and try to stay away from funerals and their trappings. I know some people need that closure, but I'm not really one of them. I'm good at dealign with things alone most of the time and all the accoutrements of death seem superfluous and hurtful to me.

Now that I've brought everyone down I'll shift gears. This weekend went ok, watched football, relaxed and trip and I went to Greensboro. Had a pretty good time.

Today work was painless and I got out at a decent hour. Now I need to get down and do some poker reading to prepare for the weekend. I also hope to read some more Digital Fortress. Not sure which will take precedence.

No comments: