Tuesday, January 06, 2004

My head's like a kite

Now listening to: The Shins (Chutes too narrow)

Well I did manage to make it to work for a little while. I wrote a soulless story and then left. I went to circuit city and bought Beyond good and evil for the PS2 for $10. There was a big sale and I took advantage. The game is pretty cool so far, although Im not that far into it.

After plaing it for an hour, I decided to watch some tv and flipped between Billy Madison, Castaway and American Choppers. My cousin Mike called and invited me to a poker tournament on Super Bowl Sunday with a $50 buy-in. I don't know if I have to work then or not, but I'm gonna try to get it off and play. I need to do some serious reading tho. After another losing session to trip my confidence isn't what it was (although I did ok and then just got moody and more or less gave up).

Anyway after that it occured to me how much reading I need to do. I still need to finish the Buddha of suburbia (which about halfway through starts to pick up a lot). Mom also brought me the Davinci Code from the library so there is that, plus the need to study poker stuff.

This Shins album gets better every time i listen to it. It's switches between a beautiful starkness and a lush playground. Plus there are some great lyrics, I'm gonna pick up their first album next time I get a chance.

No comments: