Sunday, January 04, 2004

An interesting day

Now listening to: The Shins

As the title suggests today was intriguing. Went to Greensboro with friends who choose to remain anonymous. We had a pretty good time. I did a little shopping, got some new hats and socks as well as spending too much on books. We then decided to try some place new to eat and hit the Gate City Chop House. It was amazing, the best steak I've ever had. I had a nice merlot to go with it and everything was fantastic. Maybe the best meal I've ever had. I look forward to returning.

After the meal, we were still in a new experience kind of mood I suppose and I jokingly suggested the exotic car wash. Somehow we ended up there and had nearly naked women cleaning our car. Now traditionally I'm not a fan of strip clubs and the like, they make me feel weird and like some kind of leering, mindless oaf incapable of securing attention from a woman without paying her (which is closer to the truth than I care to get into). But the attitude of one of the girls there made me more at ease this time.

Of course, the fact that I'm seeing attractive, naked women and not allowed to do anything about it is still very frustrating. The blood had drained from my brain into other areas and I was horned up for the evening. One of my cohorts had this same thing happen clearly as we missed our exit, not once but twice.

There is also the realization later, after the blood had returned to my brain, that I'm missing out on a big part of life here. I'd like to see naked women on the regular...actually I'd be more than willing to settle for one specific naked woman on the regular to hang out with in addition to the oggling. Seeing this attractive girl eager to please me (to a point) makes me wish for that sort of behavior regularly with someone I don't have to have a financial transaction with to get it. To put it simply, naked chicks make me lonely in the long run.

After the trip I came home and read one of the books I bought today. It was called "Kissing in Manhattan" and was pretty good. A series of related vignettes about people living in the Preemption Building in New York. Stories about sex, relationships and life with a mystical touch.

No comments: