Monday, January 12, 2004

in the numbing span of eternity even the most monstrous among us need love

Now listening to: Elvis Costello (Brutal Youth)

A relatively slack day. Watched some football and hung with Trip and Corb. Mom saw an ad in the paper for a 2003 Toyota Echo with under 600 miles on it for under $10K. It was at a Nelson Dealership (I loathe Nelson), but the price is nice. The problem currently is that to get the advertised financing I have to put $1000 down, which I don't have. Plus it only has a cassette deck, which blows. I'd have to put a cd player in it, which is more money I don't have. I'm in a quandry.

I'm going to go look over it tomorrow and see what they have to say. I may also ask about their gallants, although I like them less and they have more mileage. I hate the whole new car thing, more debt, more responsibilty, less being able to just do what I want, when I want.

Anyway, while watching football Trip, Corb and I played Castle Risk and I got annihilated quick. Corb seems to have a knack for world domination. Be afraid. I ended up playing my game boy so it all worked out I suppose. I'm nearing the end of Fire Emblem, but it's getting ridiculously hard.

I finished "The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break." It's sad how much I can relate to the struggles of a freakish mythical beast put into modern times. The book was a little depressing, but pretty good. Not sure what's next on my list. Perhaps Dostoyevski's "The Gambler" or I may get back into "The Hero With a Thousand Faces." After reading "The DaVinci Code" I'm pretty interested in reading analysis of mythology. That reminds me, I need to google symbology and see what come's up.

No comments: