Monday, January 26, 2004

I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Now watching: American Choppers

Well it's been a pretty relaxing couple of days. I haven't really done much. Enjoying the snow and kicking back. The only problem has been my throat has been kinda sore and my sinuses are draining. Not pleasant. Mom thinks I should go to the doctor, but man I hate that crap. A doctor's office is the only business where you make an appointment for 10 a.m. and they expect you to sit there and wait for two hours before the doc sees you, even when you show up on time. I've been late to stuff, but I've never expected someone to wait two solid hours. It's ridiculous.

Other than that not much has went on. The poker game was snowed out unfortunuately and so I sat at home and did nothing. Well not nothing, I did watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and take a nap. Those were important activities. Oh and I couldn't stop eating, which is bad. I continue to swell at an insane rate.

Today I was anticipating a dreadful drive into town for work, but was saved at the zero hour. There were no less that 10 messages on the machine when I got up (I'm the only one who can delete them apparently) and four of them were from work, notifying me of an early press time. No surprise. So I made a couple of calls and talked to Andy so he wouldn't have to come in and he just volunteered to work for me since his drive was shorter and less treacherous than mine. So that was cool.

So instead I spent another day of slackness on the couch, watching TV. I got the 25th Hour (Spike Lee's latest) in the mail today and watched it. Ed Norton is just good, he plays great characters that you can't help but to relate to. Did I mention Anna Paquin is hot, as is Rosario Dawson. I think that's about it. I think I'm gonna goof off online for a while, then do some reading.

No comments: