Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Average is dumb

SO I have to return to work today...bummer. I had a nice weekend, fairly relaxing. Yesterday I watched American Splendor, which I thought was pretty kickass. Paul Giammati was really good and the movie had a certain charm to it. Also Toby, the Party Nerd, was mighty.

Trip and I went to Danville and had a decent time. Went to Ruby Tuesday's (for the BBQ wings of course) and then did some minor shopping. After that I hung at Trip's place while he watched American Splendor and played Poker online. I hit a couple of SNGs (Sit and Gos i.e. one table tournaments for the uninitiated) winning the first one and taking second in the next due to a connection failure.

I played four more once I got home. I know I'm a nerd, leave me alone. But I won one of those and suffered some tough luck on the others. I still ended up ahead for the night. I'm seriously considering playing some of those for real cash. I'll have to wait for a night that I get off a little early. ...I'm actually considering getting into another tournament right now. Hmm.

No comments: