Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Piss wand

Now listening to: The Shins (Oh, Inverted World)

Well I took the trip to the Noke and it was ok. It was a cold fuckin drive tho. I shopped around for a laptop and that was dissappointing. I have two options: 1) scale back on the things I want, or 2) save more money so I can pay more to get all the features I want. I went to the Gateway store and saw one I kinda liked. It was Pentium M, so I'm not exactly sure if it would run FFXI, but it seemed to have most of the other stuff I wanted and was in my price range (the upper end, of course). So asked the clerk about it and he gave me the basics and then kept on talking about crap. On and on he went. When I decided to break him off and bail, he insisted he print out a copy of all the features and costs. When he did that, mystically the price went up over $300 for all the extras I would need. Why don't they just put the damn price on things. It annoys me.

After some shopping and dinner I went to Kevin's and hung with him and Courtney for a while. Had a good time. The only problem is now that Kev and I don't see each other as often I feel like we're trying to fit in three weeks worth of hanging out into three hours. Playing catchup or something. It sucks, but what can you do when schedules collide?

After a decent visit I headed home in the freezing ass cold. I think the teasing of warm weather makes the cold seem worse now than even during the depths of winter.

No comments: