Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I can't talk through the bile

Now:hating work so much I can barely breath.

STUNNED. I got a nice, stern talking to today at work, complete with ultimatums and threats. It really brightened my day. It turns out I didn't work hard enough last week and now my editor is installing an eight-story minimum for writing weeks. A minimum I'm not likely to meet, I might add. I think it also has to do with the fact that my editor doesn't like that I am more installed around this area than he is. He wants a new guy he can browbeat into what he wants instead of me who's been there and done that and should probably have his position.

It's really got me to thinking. I've said it before that this job is just coasting and I only stay here because it's easy. I've debated moving on and trying something else new for a challenge and hopefully for a better future, but have been lulled into complacency by the ease of life. But if things are going to get harder, then I'm stupid to stay. Why deal with a shitload of work for substandard pay and benefits? Not to mention the fact that the more I'm here the more I become aware of an all-encompassing boredom.

So I guess I'm going to start looking for a new job, hopefully in Greensboro or Roanoke or maybe even NYC. It all depends. I may even take a McJob just to get away from this hole.

No comments: