Monday, March 15, 2004

Tornado Shanks

Now listening to: Sleater-Kinney

My plan to completely slack off today didn't reach full fruition as Corb forced me from the couch to the shower and then to Trip's and dinner. But I had a pretty good time, I suppose. We watched this sweet new show that Trip had taped, called Wonderfalls. It was hilarious and had a nice sardonic wit. My kind of show.

I watched 28 days later earlier in the day and that was cool. I like the whole zombie/plague thing that was the premise. I also thought the director did a good job of selling the loneliness of someone waking up without anyone else there at all. Plus the music from Godspeed You, Black Emperor fit really well. They are a really good, albiet difficult band.

I watched Adult Swim tonight and that shit is funny. BoBo as a potential unabomber bear was funny in the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

I return to work tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. The whole basketball season has drained me to no end and I just feel like I need a break. I can't wait until the 25th when I get to go to NYC for a visit. Maybe I'll find a job and just stay. I could use a scenery change. I am gonna check the papers and see what the market is like for a sports writing guy with hopes beyond the boring newspaper world.

No comments: