Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Cymbal banging monkey, you know how to live

Now listening to: Ween (All request Live)

Well it's been an interesting day. Ok, so it wasn't that interesting, but I did get a lot fo work done. Which means less for tomorrow. I do have to drive to Stuart tho, which will undoubtedly be a cold trip.

I watched Kurosawa's Ran tonight, it was long. Pretty good, nobody does epic like Kurosawa. Lots of nice imagery as well. The Great Lord's broken sword when he loses his castle is a nice metaphor. Also his use of color makes for a visual buffet. Kurosawa probably uses color better than any other director ever ...Dreams has to be the best example of this. I respond well to bright colors I suppose.

I managed to win a coupla poker tournaments tonight (yes, for fake money trip), but going 2-2 is pretty nice. I played pretty well (and caught one big break in the second one).

I'm now listening to Ween, which is pretty sweet actually. It's unusual, as is usual for Ween. The stallion, Part 1-5 is particularly interesting.

Only one day more until my fantabulous trip to the big city. I'm looking forward to it. Still not sure exactly what we're gonna do, not that it will be a problem finding anything to do. I just dont' really want to get stuck sitting in a loud club setting. I can never hear anything and feel completely out of place. I much prefer a more laid back setting where I can actually talk and hear. Plus good music in a club is nigh impossible to find. Of course NYC probably has a much better selection, but my idea of good music and everyone else's probably are at odds.

No comments: