Monday, August 28, 2006

hope is suffering

Yesterday was good and bad. I'll start with the good so I can dwell on the bad.

Gabe, Kelly and Cameron came in for a visit and that was cool. I finally got to meet my nephew and he was adorable, all smiles. It was fun watching him run around and play and possibly more fun watching my Mom laugh while she watched him play. I also got to talk to Gabe some, which is good, although I was in a bit of a haze having only slept for two hours. Still it was a pleasant visit.

On to where it all went wrong. It all started a week or so ago when I got an anonymous comment here from some secret admirer. I assumed it was this girl I work with (as she is really the only single woman I deal with regularly these days). This proved to be a false assumption and I'm now in the post-rejection despair. There are two facets to that: a) I've been judged not dateable... again and b) I now have to deal with at work who shot me down. I honestly don't hold it against her, she's nice and she was nice about it, but that doesn't stop me from being bitter and having to fight off my own self-loathing whenever I talk to her.

There is also the fact that I don't know who left the comment, no idea really. With my current level of negativity I'm thinking maybe it was some cruel prank made to shatter my already beleaguered self-confidence. If that's not the case, I hope whoever wrote it would shoot me an email. I could really use the ego boost.

Having laid myself bare with this post I shall now skulk off to bed and try to avoid thinking about how I'm going to never find love.

No comments: