Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chug, Chug, Chug!

In further efforts to get out of my head, I joined Trip for dinner and a movie. Yes, Trip is the best date I can get... and he won't even put out. But we went to see Beerfest, which was awesome. I'm a big Broken Lizard fan anyway, but Beerfest is truly magnificent. It's a sports movie about drinking beer! It combines two great genres in one sidesplitting package. I had to buy beer after the movie on principal alone. It was a tasty filet mignon and I intend to have another helping when it comes out on DVD.

Afterward we watched the season finale of Deadwood, which was just ok. It seemed like not much happened. This whole season has seemed to be building up to some big clash, but that didn't happen. Just a fizzle really. I'm hoping the method they choose to finish the story doesn't suck. Two movies may be ok, but I don't want to have to wait too long between them. I wish they'd just do a season 4 and stop fucking it up for the rest of us, cocksuckers.

I watched Crash last night and there is a movie where the characters are not one dimensional. Everyone in there is a whole mess of good, bad and everything in between. It's a good portrayal of racism in our culture and really makes you realize how fucked up we all are. Also Don Cheadle may be the best living American actor. It's between him and Paul Giamatti at this point. I'm sure someone is gonna say Pacino or Deniro and yes they deserve a mention, but Deniro has lost something with the who Analyze This thing... Pacino I can't really rip on... I suppose I should give these guys the same leeway I gave Brando, but I don't think I will, cause Brando was the king. I'm sure there are others that could be argued, but why bother?

No comments: