Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pushing it down

While my depression rages on, I'm going to make an effort to get back to my normal numb feeling by escapism. The topic? Fantasy football. Those bored with it should stop reading now.

Anyway it was a bit of a stunner today when I found out that not one, but both of the Jaguars on my roster are injured. Greg Jones, out for the season. Mike Peterson is out for a while and not likely to come back for the first game of the season. Stunner. These injuries have shaken my confidence somewhat after a solid draft. I'm still looking sharp, but it drives home the point that one bad play and a major player can be gone. I'm currently hoping those major players are Larry Johnson and LaDainian Tomlinson. Both those guys go down and I'm gonna crush the league, of course, they won't and my little Tiki will. It's the law of the west.

I'm hoping some of that is offset by Donte Stallworth being traded to the Eagles. He could be their top receiver there and rack up some major yardage. He had a solid season last year as a Saint and the Eagles tend to throw the ball more. We'll see.

No comments: