Sunday, February 15, 2004

I am a patient boy

Now listening to: Atom and His Package's cover of Waiting Room by Fugazi

This just in, after a completely awful start at the tables I had my biggest night yet. I was down almost $600 early on and couldn't catch a hand to save my life. The few playable hands I got were beat on the river and life was bad. Then I considered giving up, but instead moved to a higher stakes table (all play money as always) and proceeded to go on a huge rush.

I could do no wrong. Everything came through, I folded all the right hands and showed down some high dollar hands. I even caught a winner on the river where the board paired and two flushes bet into my full house. So nice. I started the night at around $2600 and finished at $5K.

I swear I'm tempted to get out my credit card and play for real, but I need to show some control. Although if I start winning consistently then I'm actually losing money by not playing. How's that for dangerous thinking? I actually was reading this poker blog (http://guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/) that was talking about all the new players (fish) on partypoker.com. He said in the last year it's went from 3K players to 36K. He has a program that tracks his fish around and he's making a killing apparently. Makes me want to get a pc so I can play there.

No comments: