Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I can feel the bile rising in the back of my throat

Tonight was ghastly boring at work. I did fuck all until about 9:30 when things came in. I then worked hard until 11:10 and then sat on my ass until after midnight. So that's eight hours pay for a scant 1:40 of actual work. I'd almost rather be busy.

Anyway tonight's paper was full of Valentine's Day ads, which annoy me. This is maybe the worst holiday ever. X-mas is bad enough and then you get hit with VDay, the special day that makes all us single folk feel completely inadequate. As if I don't feel that enough already.

In an effort not to become morbidly depressed, I am now going to make a top ten list of things that make me happy.

10. Dogs
9. Penguins
8. Poker on TV (that way there is no anxiety about losing)
7. Listening to it rain while snuggly under the covers.
6. Warm shirts that fit well
5. Good wine
4. A low stress trip out of town with friends
3. Reading a book that I don't want to end
2. Good punk rock
1. Breasts

These are in no particular order, although number one may stand.

No comments: