Friday, February 06, 2004

The man that made Kool-Aid say Oh Yeah!

Now listening to: Talib Kweli

Another fun-filled day. Got to go home a little early due to the ice. Funny how just an hour makes all the difference. But the night wasn't too bad anyway.

I spent a large portion of it reading stuff on Salon. There was a cool video game article that Trip pointed me at. It was about sports icons and video games, how many relate to sports through video games more than actually watching the athletes play. Which I think is probably true. Also it linked to a couple of cool articles at ESPN's page 2 site. They were about the history of video game football and one guy's relation to it. Funny how many of those experiences I can relate with.

Reminds me of the old days of Tecmo tournaments. Or as Adam called it "Tecmo Lucky Breaks." That's an inside joke that only three or four people will ever get...none of whom will read this blog.

Driving home tonight was fun, didn't really have any problems until I got to my home and tried to stop and turned in. There I slid completely sideways, which made turning in easier I guess, but was a little harrowing. Now I've been watching TV for a while and am bored as nighttime tv is really pretty lame. The Daily Show is good and some of the late night talk shows have moments, but other than that it's lame.

I want to find a video game to get into, but nothing seems to grab me. I'm actually considering playing through FF Tactics Advance again. I'm also considering going back to the old school PS1 game. I dunno, I'd like to play something new and I have several options, but nothing is grabbing me. I keep reading about Culdcept, so I may try to trade for it this weekend or maybe the new Balder's Gate...or both! I also want to new Game Boy game as I seem to make more time for them. Maybe I'll try to find a cheap Pokemon game...or maybe not. Something in me balks when I think about it, but I've heard they are great games. Or maybe I'll try and find a cool old school puzzle game I can play on the go, like Snood.

No comments: