Friday, February 20, 2004

Shoot me in the fuckin' face

Now drinking: heavily

What a night I'm having. Actually it's been a bad week, god I hate basketball. Will it ever end? At least I have tomorrow off. Of course it's only one day, then I hit the wrestling tournament on Saturday. Woo. It's just been stressful. We've had a couple of mistakes in headlines the past coupla days (which is pretty lame I'll admit). One of which was my fault, but it's hard to keep up with St. John's and St. Joe's and not get them mixed up.

Anyway because of those mistakes Ginny was clucking around me like a farm hen tonight, checking everything for the most ridiculous of mistakes. And when someone who doesn't speak Sports-ugeuese does that, it's a pain. They ask about everything and you have to explain why it's right. I'm not a good explainer, as I don't want to be bothered. On top of that, I caught what would have been a huge fuckup on my part right at deadline and had to scramble. I'm drinking gin to make it all go away.

In the period before the assfucking at work, I took the time to take an online intelligence test. I scored a 131 and was described as a visual mathmetician. ("This means you are gifted at spotting patterns. This and your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture.") I pretty much agree with the assessment as I think I am good at patten recognition. It's one of the things I think will make me a good poker player in the long run.

Plus the number 131 is pretty close to the IQ test I took in grade school, where I got around 130 (not quite in the genius category, but plenty smart...not to brag, but it's the one thing I've got going for me).

Anyway my plan for the rest of the evening is to drink a lot of gin and tonic...with maybe a little cognac thrown in and play some online poker. Why not? I also need to grab some hardcore punk albums to listen to while I play. Rock on.

No comments: