Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Onward my undead horde!

Now listening to: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Another dread nite at work. Cameron can push my buttons like few others. He should be a right-wing radio personality. He has all the traits: annoyingly loud voice, complete belief that his opinions are the only ones that could ever possibly matter and an ability to talk right over whoever he is having "discussion" with. Death is too good for him.

Anyway I spent a large portion of the night in the office trying to block him out with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which was a good idea. I found myself noticing the bass licks a lot. They are exceptional, not often the focus, but always around...like a warm blanket. Those think and encompassing sounds filling in all the bare space like a wave of honey over a sieve. I like my music thick and syrupy.

Ohh! I watched Lost in Translation today and it was excellent. Bill Murray is amazing and Scarlett Johansson is really good too. Her character is exactly the type of woman I want. She even has the look that drives me nuts. Sofia Coppola really did capture alienation well and the characters did a good job of conveying complex emotions without saying everything. Plus the photography was awesome, some captivating locations and a very good soundtrack. I may even buy that, the movie was so good.

Now I think I must retire, collect my undead minion and slay any monsters that cross my path. How I yearn for an actual army of the undead to command.

No comments: