Thursday, June 24, 2004

Dude, my dad totally owns a dealership

Now listening to: a mix of the Electric Six, Mission of Burma, the Beastie Boys, Clutch, Static X and various other things.

I have to say, to be only one day after being fired, I feel pretty damned good. It's like a huge fuckin weight is off my shoulders. It's helped that all my friends have been really supportive and reinforcing the fact that the job sucked anyway. I talked to Trip, Kev, Corb and Mike tonight, got an email from Nick last night and everyone agreed the job sucked anyway and I was better off without it.

Plus Corb may have helped me hook up a teaching job this fall. Nothing definite, but if that works out it could be cool. I went and picked up an application and am probably gonna try to fill that out tomorrow and turn it in. I also may apply for unemployment. Free money sounds like a nice deal.

After running several errands, Trip and I did dinner then I came home and watched tv. I ended up watching the first six episodes of Sex in the City, which I did like. It's beautiful, well-off women talking about sex, what's not to like? Plus the sheer number of women in see-through tops is scandalous (note wordplay with the term sheer, nyuck nyuck).

I also need to begin a regular regimen of writing. I'm not sure when to get to that, but I need to get in an hour or so a day, at least. It would be really nice to be able to do that for a living and never have to actually show up to a crap job again. Gonna take some discipline tho.

No comments: