Monday, June 07, 2004

Win one for the Gipper

Now listening to:Tortoise (Standards)

Well I've been reviewing the Ronald Reagan post over at EvilAvatar and I have to say the country is so polarized right now it's ridiculous. It's a hodge-podge of people saying conservatives rule, liberals rule and that you shouldn't say anything bad about someone who died, even if their policies were completely unethical. I'm tired of people saying you're a traitor if you disagree with them. I don't care which side you're on, just let me have my opinion. That's one of the biggest problems I have with conservatives, you're with them or completely evil. They never stop to think about why you believe what you believe. It's sad.

Work was dull, I spent most of the time reading gaming magazines.

I downloaded this Tortoise album yesterday to listen to while I played COH (I'm now level 16 btw). I ended up listening to it like four times last night and it's pretty good. Nonlinear and not afraid to throw a little noise out there. A +1 chainmail rating will serve it well. It reminds me of Stereolab.

I'm considering buying a cheapass digital camera so I can post some photos here and perhaps sell some crap on Ebay. Of course I'd have to figure out how to post photos on this page. How hard could it be?

In my humble opinion Ronald Reagan's greatest accomplishment was his role in Knute Rockne: All-American (Filet Mignon). It's a classic film that I'd rate as one of the best football movies ever. You do have to put it in historical perspective tho, as it's definitely not from the modern school of filmmaking. But the fact that it has Pop Warner and Amos Alonzo Stagg in cameos is definitely cool.

No comments: