Sunday, June 06, 2004

Fuck Die Hard, fuck it right in the ass

Went to G-Boro today with Trip and Corb and did our thing. I managed to not spend too much money, just enough. Went to see the new Harry Potter movie, which was pretty good. It's now my new favorite of the series. Cuaron brings a vision that Columbus just didn't have, he was too slavishly faithful to the books. Cuaron brings not only a a cohesive theme to the movie, but also puts Hogwarts in a very scenic world that helps bring you into the story. I'm saying Filet Mignon right now.

Oh I also learned a valuable lesson tonight, just because you can upgrade your beverage for only a quarter, doesn't mean you should in a long movie. Yesh.

While cruising around I told Trip that I had never seen Die Hard (Alan Rickman was the cause I believe) and had little inclination. Trip then went on a tirade about me being willfully ignorant. The entire drive home we playfully argued this point. At one point the conversation became so convoluted that Trip was exhorting me to choke him and kill us all. That's how out of control our discussions can go. The saddest part was that I was considering doing it just to prove him wrong. I can play Devil's Advocate a bit too hard sometimes. Of course I knew that when I was arguing for the Chinese government while talking about the Tiannamen Square incident. I blame it on being terminally bored in a lame philosophy class and just trying to make things more interesting for me.

No comments: