Saturday, December 18, 2004

Aim low

Now listening to: Fugazi

Had a nice dinner with Jeff, his wife Melissa, Corb and Trip tonight. We went to Rania's, which Trip hates. Sadly the restaurant did nothing to change his opinion and may have turned me toward his way of thinking a little. His pasta was watery and he reported his chicken as being tough. My steak was less than well prepared, but my crab cake was excellent. The ambience is nice, tho. Still not a great meal, all told. But we still had a good time. It was cool to see Jeff and Melissa, since I see them once or twice a year.

Jeff got me Dodgeball for X-mas and we watched that at Trip's after eating. Man is that movie funny. I'm giving it a foot massage rating, with some filet mignon lines. Trip got Corb and I (and also Danny, who hasn't received his yet) a little remote controlled tank so we could play mini-Combat for real. It's pretty cool. Trip's German Tiger tank is uber-fast tho, so he has the maneuverabilty advantage over my Russian T-35.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to Kev's for a little Xmas party thing. I'm a little leary. First of all, it means I have to be moderately sociable for two days in a row. We all know that my social batteries can run low and I turn into Capt. Surly quick. Also the party is scheduled during the middle of the Steelers-Giants game. A season like this doesn't come along every year and I want to enjoy it to the fullest. I suppose I'll go, but I'm gonna lobby Kev to get to watch the game.

No comments: