Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We don't know the half of it

Now listening to: lots of Wednesday Morning Downloads I've gotten from Salon.com but never actually listened to

I think I get duller by the minute. I don't do much besides watch tv, eat and play video games. I get more and more antisocial by the day. It's sometimes funny to realize that what I'm doing is a result of my desire to avoid people. Even in WoW I prefer doing things alone and not playing with other gamers. Hell, Nick invited me to play poker tonight and I declined because I didn't feel like being social.

I also had a severely sad moment in WoW today. I had joined a group (against my will) and during a break in the adventuring they brought up their ages. Their ages were 14, 15 and 17 and then they asked mine. God I felt like such an old bastard saying 30. It also boggled my mind, because I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would ask my parents for a $50 game (assuming we had a relatively new computer that could play it) and then a monthly fee added on top. Oh and it comes out at the end of Dec. before Xmas, so it can't be that type of gift. I was agog.

No comments: