Sunday, December 05, 2004

It would have killed a lesser man

I just had a close encounter of the deer kind. Coming home from Trip's I turned onto my road. Lo and behold there was a veritable herd standing either on the road or just off of it. I slammed on the brakes and managed to not hit another deer. The one I was mere feet from lambasting was around a six-point buck. He should thank his lucky stars that he had a run in with "The Deerslayer" and lived to tell the tale.

I call my Jeep "The Deerslayer" because it has three confirmed kills and not much damage to show for it. Its story is whispered late at night in the sleeping dens of deer to scare the fawns into good behavior. Of course I have no animosity to the deer population and make no attempt at malicious driving, it's just that they are a constant threat to automobiles around these parts.

Anyway not much went on today, played a bit of WoW and then cleaned out my closet. Packed up a lot of old clothes and cleared some space. I then lounged for a while and went to Trip's. We went out and rented Walking Tall, starring The Rock. Trip has told me that the original was really good and I'd like to see it, but Netflix is gone for now. Oh well.

The new Walking Tall was 73 minutes of film that didn't bother with any of that pesky character development or narrative. It was all about The Rock beating people down with a 4x4 block of wood. Can you smell what The Rock is cooking? A mindless action movie that I'd say was Meh. I do have to admit that I liked Johnny Knoxville being a goof and had a good time making fun of the movie with Trip.

No comments: