Friday, December 10, 2004

Not cold enough yet...but I dig the rain

Now listening to: Interpol

Arrghh I'm tired. I got up at the buttcrack of dawn and Trip and I went Xmas shopping for like 14 hours. ...ok it was 11 a.m. (a.m.!!!!) and we shoped for around six hours, but I'm still highly tired. I spent a grotesque amount of money. I get caught up in Xmas shopping. I'm buying stuff for friends, then I buy something for me. Sort of a one for you, one for me policy. I wish I could get rid of it, but I'm a selfish bastard.

We stomped around the mall a lot and for a Thursday afternoon it was packed. I kept thinking it was Saturday. (Who keeps up with the days of the week?) After all the consumerism, we came home and watched reality tv. It was a truly American day.

We also watched the movie Confidence, which was pretty good. Dustin Hoffman, Edward Burns and Rachel Weisz (rowr!) all were excellent. It was a good caper movie and I'd say it gets the +1 chainmail. Also Paul Giamatti was his usual excellent self in a supporting role.

On my drive home I saw lots of fire trucks rolling around. It was rainy, with lightning and clearly the lightning started some fire. I had loads of horrible imagery of my apartment being on fire with my parents dead and everything I own burnt. Isn't it terrible when a thought like that comes into your head and you think about how dreadful it would be to have to have something like that happen. Needless to say I was thankful nothing of the sort occurred to me.

No comments: