Friday, December 03, 2004

For the Horde!!

Now listening to: ambient webradio

Had a good story idea on my way home from Trip's tonight. I came in, hooked up my laptop (which I took to Trip's to show off World of Warcraft) and wrote the first page. I stopped there because WoW is beckoning to me. I know, I'm lazy and far too easily distracted. Still it's better to have done something. Plus I think I need to let the idea gestate a little more and develop into a story arc, all I've got now is a premise and a general idea. I need to work on filling in the blanks. I'm not going to tell the idea, because where is the fun in that? I prefer to torture my few readers.

Today was all about WoW. I spent the afternoon reading about the questions I had after starting to play last night and then played for the rest of the afternoon. I then packed up and went to Trip's to let him play. I ended up starting a new character while I was there, an Orcish warrior. All Horde, all the time.

Mom also brought me some more books home from the library. I got a couple of Lemony Snicket books to power through and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, which sounded pretty cool when I read the flap. So I have plenty to keep me busy for a bit.

Oh I forgot to mention I finally followed through and cancelled Netflix. While I have absolutely no complaints about the service, I wanted to do something else for a while. Plus I can't really justify playing monthly fees for both WoW and Netflix, I can only handle so much entertainment. Off to Azeroth!!!

No comments: