Monday, December 08, 2003

All or nothing

Now listening to: Portishead (Roseland NYC), The Rapture (Echoes)
Now reading: James McManus (Positively Fifth Street)
Now playing: Fire Emblem

Well it's been a pretty slack day. I've sat around watching TV all day, playing Fire Emblem and eating far more than I should have. But it's been really pleasant. The Steelers won, Fire Emblem kicks ass and I watched Scooby-Doo, the movie and it wasn't bad. Very relaxing after a busy week.

Tomorrow I have to go to Roanoke for the football game (it was postponed until then obviously). It's going to be a long drive. I expect to be very cold, but what can I do? I am planning on doing some x-mas shopping. Hopefully I'll be able to find Trip something that doesn't suck. Hopefully I won't manage to spend too much money tomorrow. I also have a nice meal at Red Palace penciled in, although I'm not sure I'll be there during the buffet hours...which blows if that's true...maybe I should get up early.

Tonight I've been prowling around the usual gaming websites I visit and a couple have started doing their game ofthe year balloting. So I've been thinking about the games I've played this year and which I liked the best. My top five are:

5) Tony Hawk Underground- Another excellent Hawk product that probably would have been even higher on this list if I hadn't of played so much of TH4. Plus without Gabe around to try and take down, why bother?

4) Soul Caliber 2- If the one player game had of lasted longer this could have been the game of the year. Well put together and loads of fun, now if I could just find some competition. He he.

3) Virtua Fighter:Evolution- Just a shade better than SC2. I think I like the technical aspects of this more than the button mashing of SC2. I found it hard to really focus on this since I spent so much time with VF4. Plus nobody else I know plays it, which blows.

2) Knights of the Old Republic- This game is awesome. I couldn't stop playing it until I hit the wall at the end. I still intend to go through and play the dark side. The best thing to have the Star Wars name since Empire.

1) Final Fantasy Tactics Advance- I loved the PS1 original and the sequel was just as good. This game really sold me on the GBA and hell, it forced me to get a GBA SP. Any game that makes me buy a new system has to be awesome. Plus I really dug the job system, I'm a fan.

Other notables for the year: Crimson Skies, Simpsons: Hit and Run, NCAA 2004 College Football, Warcraft 3 (I think that was this year) and Gladius (which I've still got to play through).

No comments: