Sunday, December 14, 2003

Ice storm and cognac

Now listening to: Tom Waits (Mule Variations)

Well it has been a pretty dull day. The weather did in fact put the kibosh on my Mephistmas gathering, so I ended up sitting around the house all day. I watched some of the Aquabats DVD Jeff got me and it was pretty damn cool. I also watched the final few episodes of Futurama with commentary.

After all that excitement I needed a nap and so I took one for a while. After that I watched Pappillon. It's a movie about a guy's escape from Devil's Island, all the failed attempts and his years spent in solitary confinement. It did a good job of conveying that sense of imprisonment and suffering, as it seemed to last for-fucking-ever. It was two and a half hours of grueling entertainment, not bad just waaaaay too long. And once I start a movie like that I have to finish, it's just how I am.

Anyway after that marathon, I flipped around until SNL came on, it was ok. Nothing exceptional. Now I am surfing the web, sipping cognac and wishing I had something else important to do. Maybe I'll do some reading in a moment or play Gladius. Yes Gladius sounds nice. I'll kick some gladiator ass. Man I need a life.

No comments: