Thursday, December 11, 2003

A weirdo in a peacoat

Now listening to: Nettwork

Well since my last post, around five hours ago, I have finished positively fifth street and I just dropped a wad of money at eddiebaur.com. (Hehe, wad) I got a sweet new peacoat and a coupla t-shirts.

The book was excellent, although the ending was a bit anticlimactic. Still, it is definitely the best book I've read about poker (being the only one I've read from start to finish). That will soon change, however. It has a really sweet bibliography and recommendations on which books are the best. Of course, I still need to get a poker game going if any of that reading is going to be necessary.

Up next in my literary endeavors is Nick Hornby's songbook, which I got the other day. It's a simple collection of essays on some of his favorite songs. It sounds kind of dull, but Hornby has a way of making things sing. I am also going to be perusing Phil "The Brat" Hellmuth's Play Poker like the Pros. Although with a somewhat lessened vigor until I can get the game up.

No comments: