Wednesday, December 31, 2003

No rules in the animal kingdom

Well the party has finally rolled to a close as Mike returned to NYC today and I returned to work. It wasn't too bad, although work was a little dull. Had a decent dinner with Trip and hopefully tomorrow will be a cool New Year's Eve thing at his crib. I'm hoping to get out of doing much work. I have a column idea I'm going to work on so I don't have to actually chase down a story.

Monday night was cool. We returned to Greensboro for some more poker action. Nick took us to his his friend Brandon's place and we got our game on. Nice place, he got a nice poker table for X-mas and we had nine players to fill it. I made quite a run to start things off and was probably up $40 bucks an hour in. Then I got a little conservative and started to have my winnings chiselled away. I ended up up $24, making my winnings for the weeked $44. Not a bad haul for a novice poker player. I know have to win some money back from trip so I can get totally into the black and have him stop lording it over me.

After work I went to Wal-Mart and spent too much money. Never shop hungry...it's bad. I did get the Lord of the Rings Risk game that looks pretty cool. I'm off.

No comments: