Monday, December 15, 2003

More's the pity

Now listening to: Rolling Stones (Exile on Main Street)

Well today has passed and I succeeded in doing nothing not involving my sofa. Woo. I watched lots of football, some fine Fox programming and Pirates of the Caribbean. After two days of total slackness I now have a really great look. It's my derelict chic to the nth degree. My wonderfully warm bedroom slippers, black gym shorts, gray hooded sweatshirt, black stocking cap not completely on my head (i.e. plenty of goofy looking material flopping on top) and 3-4 days of beard growth. Also the lack of bathing has left me with a nice musty odor. Lady killer, oh yeah.

I had a two glasses of wine with dinner (a nice chianti, 2000) and now I have a slight headache. What happened to the good old days where full nights of drinking didn't leave me with this much of a hangover. A little water before bed and all was well. Now a little wine=headache.

I also put a little time into reading "Jakarta inside out" one of the books vishi sent me. It's pretty good, it makes me want to go there and see it. It also has a nice even feel, covering both the good (partying and cheap cost of living) and bad (man-girls and slums). I'll probably finish it up tomorrow.

No comments: